Today’s post is sponsored by Poise, by my love for their LBL products is all my own! RecycleYourPeriodPad today!
Poise Thin Shape Pads are designed to move with your body as you do. No matter if you are working at your desk or jogging on the treadmill, new Poise Thin-Shape pads have you covered with Super Absorbent Material (SAM) and a Thin-Flex design for extraordinary protection that’s still 3x drier than period pads. This helps you master the leak issue with confidence.
I stay fresh and confident throughout the day with Poise pads and liners. Not only during that time of the month but also for my everyday needs dealing with LBL. In fact, these were designed specifically for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL), which make them an easy choice for the 1 in 3 women like me who experience LBL.
I began to notice issues with LBL about 8 weeks after Low was born. He was my fourth c-section delivery and no matter how much I wanted to ignore the minor problems this type of delivery had on my body, I just couldn’t brush off my bladder issues.
Now, I am one of those women who do not have daily issues with LBL. It is more prominent about 10 days before my period and continues till a few days afterward. Honestly, that gives me about half of every month to worry that I might pee my pants in public or heck, even at home. I mean there are 6 of us in my home and only 2 bathrooms. Sometimes, it is a waiting game, no matter how bad you need to go.
I also despise wearing a thick pad on a daily basis. Poise offered me new options with their thin design. While, I can still tell I am wear a pad, it is not as noticeable as others from my past. The fact that I can still wear my leggings and yoga pants with out the what is that bulge is enough to make me fall in love.
LBL can be embarrassing and a true pain in the behind. I encourage all all women who face this issue to embrace the suck! To just take a big breath and realized that these things happen to 1 out of every 3 women. The only difference is how we handle it. Arming yourself with Poise Thin Shape Pads will help you win the battle against light bladder leakage and you can use them during that time of the month. No need for 2 products. I call that winning!
What to do with those pads you will never again need? Recycle them of course! Here are a few ways to do put those to good use:
1. Use your extra period pads as chalkboard erasers!
2. Silverware need a good polishing? Unused sanitary napkins work well for that too!
3. Thoroughly, wet a pad with water and place on a microwave-safe plate in your microwave. Then, heat for 40 seconds. This will steam up the inside and soften all the stuck on residue that is always so difficult to remove. Remove the pad and clean as usual.
Additional details about LBL:
WHAT IS LBL?
• One in three women experience Light Bladder Leakage (LBL) – little leaks that can be triggered by everyday occurrences like coughing, sneezing, laughing and exercise.
• Weak pelvic floor muscles, pregnancy, childbirth and weight gain are just a few LBL contributors.
WHAT CAUSES LBL?
Just as no two women are alike, there’s no single reason that LBL happens. Some of the most common things that lead to uninvited leaks include:
• Physical changes from childbirth, pregnancy, hysterectomy or menopause
• Being overweight
• Complications from surgery, stroke, or chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s disease
• Bladder or urinary tract infections
• Bladder irritants (certain foods and beverages)