Biscotti is perfect to hoard for yourself for indulging with a cup of coffee or you can be nice and share at work, with neighbors, or at the next brunch shower that rolls around. Wrap a half dozen in a cellophane bag and tuck them in a pretty coffee mug for a wonderful hostess gift. Now, White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti made with Maui Brand Natural Cane Sugar may seem like an intimidating recipe but they are much easier to make than you might think.
The Maui brand is naturally gluten-free, vegan friendly and available in the sugar aisle, on restaurant tables and online at www.amazon.com. Tip: Baking them twice creates a hard crunchy cookie-ideal for dipping in hot beverages like coffee. They are not an overly sweet cookie so they work well with anything.
White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Maui Whites Crystallized Natural Cane Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp. butter ,softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dried cranberry
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In the bowl of a stand or hand mixer cream Maui Whites sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time to incorporate then beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slowly incorporate flour until completely combined- it should pull away from sides of bowl and should not be sticky.
- Fold in cranberries and ¾ cup of white chocolate chips until just combined.
- Form into a loaf about 10” x 4” on baking sheet.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes- loaf should be golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut across loaf in 1” slices.
- Flip cut pieces onto their side and bake for an additional 12-14 minutes-just until edges begin to turn golden.
- Place on a sheet of waxed or parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
- Melt remaining ¼ cup of white chocolate in a microwave dish in 30 second increments, stirring each time until smooth and melted.
- Drizzle white chocolate over biscotti and let set until firm.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.