THE SMURFS 2 Brings Holiday Cheer to the Troops
Celebrating our U.S. troops, Sony Pictures Animation (SPA) and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) announced today that the company is donating Christmas trees, ornaments and hosting events at select bases to help members of the military and their families kick off the holiday season. The events will feature, in addition to the gift giving, exclusive screenings of THE SMURFS 2 and appearances by two of the world’s favorite three-apple-high creatures.
The first event was held this past Friday (December 6) at the Carey Theater on the Joint Base Lewis-McChord in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Smurfette and Clumsy, “stars” of the film, were on hand to donate 100 trees, ornaments, and THE SMURFS 2 Blu-rays™ to lucky families with winning raffle tickets, after which they shared more Christmas joy by posing for pictures.
The venue was filled and the lovable characters’ latest animated adventure generated enthusiastic response from parents and kids alike. “It’s really cool when the Smurfs ‘walk the walk” in supporting the troops and their families,” said Patrick McGhee, the base’s General Manager.
This coming Saturday (Dec. 14), the Smurfs will be at it again — this time deep in the heart of Texas at Fort Hood in the Palmer Theatre, after which Smurfette and Clumsy will greet the Christmas tree and other winners at the base’s very own Christmas tree lot.
Just in time for the holidays, Sony Pictures Animation’s THE SMURFS 2 arrives Dec. 3 on 3D™ combo pack*, Blu-ray™ combo pack*, DVD and Digital HD UltraViolet™ from
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This heartwarming new adventure reunites the world’s favorite three apple-high creatures, bringing loads of laughs for every member of the family.
Evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) creates Hackus and Vexy, a pair of mischievous Smurf like creatures, hoping they will let him harness the magical Smurf essence. However, he soon discovers that he needs the help of Smurfette, who knows the secret to turning the pair into real Smurfs. When Gargamel, Hackus and Vexy kidnap Smurfette from Smurf Village and bring her to Paris, it’s up to Papa, Clumsy, Grouchy and Vanity to reunite with their human friends, Patrick (Neil Patrick Harris) and Grace Winslow (Jayma Mays), to rescue her.
Bonus Features on the 3D Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack Include:
- Deleted Scenes
- Two featurettes (also included on the DVD):
- Daddy’s Little Girl: The Journey of Smurfette – Learn all about Smurfette’s “golden” past as we trace her origins back to Peyo’s stories, and how that in turn inspired the filmmakers as they were putting together this newest Smurf’s tale. Then, hear from Katy Perry on how she tapped into her inner Smurf to pull off the role in the voiceover booth.
- Animating Azrael – Discover how the filmmakers animated our favorite feline sidekick.
- Three Blu-ray exclusive featurettes:
- The Puurrfect Companion: Azreal’s Tail – See how Azrael was created, from the live-action cat to the digital double, and how actor Frank Welker brought the character to life.
- Evolution of the Naughties – Learn how the filmmakers designed the newest additions to The Smurfs, Hackus and Vexy.
- The Naughties! The Tale of Hackus and Vexy – Meet the new characters, Hackus and Vexy, and hear from actors Christina Ricci and J.B. Smoove on what it was like to voice the Naughties.
- Smurfs Mini-Movie “The Legend of Smurfy Hollow”
- “The Legend of Smurfy Hollow” Mini-Movie — When Brainy Smurf is favored to win the annual Smurfberry Hunt for the ninth year in a row, Gutsy Smurf sets out to discover how Brainy wins every year. Gutsy’s investigation takes him into spooky Smurfy Hollow – and right into Gargamel’s trap! Can Brainy and Gutsy, with the help of Smurfette, put aside their rivalry before Gargamel captures them, or worse, will they come face-to-face with the legendary ghost, the Headless Horseman?
DVD Bonus Features Include:
- Deleted Scenes
- Two featurettes:
- Daddy’s Little Girl: The Journey of Smurfette (see description above)
- Animating Azrael (see description above)
The Smurfs are kinda a blast from the past for me. In fact it was one of my more fav’ed cartoons for Saturday mornings at home. Now those cuddly little blue creatures are on the big screen for all of us to share with our children.
Things can get tricky when you add a second female Smurf and the ever pesky Gargamel to make the day into a troublesome one. Now worries though the action packed, laugh out loud fun is just right for little viewers.
Purchase your copy of The Smurfs 2 from Amazon.com and get free shipping with prime!
One lucky winner will receive The Smurfs 2 DVD.
Giveaway ends December 23rd at 11:59pm, open to US residents only, ages 18+. One entrant per household. Void where prohibited by law. To enter please use the giveaway form below. Good luck.
Would you like to have your products featured in a similar review and/or giveaway? Want to increase your social media exposure before the holiday season? See how we can help! Contact [email protected] to see what Mom to Bed by 8 can do for your company!