This is a recipe for the ultimate baked potato that is very simple to make. This process allows the butter and cheese to be cooked in the potato as you bake it in the oven. This makes it more flavorful and will spice up any dinner for you and your family.
*Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
The Perfect Baked Potato
- One Large Potato (Or how many you will be cooking.)
- Butter or Margarine
- Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon Bits
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
1) Wash the potatoes in cold water to wash off all the dirt and grime from the potato.
2) Dry off the potato.
3) Begin cutting lines into the potato but be careful to not cut all the way through. You should be cutting them about ¼ inch apart from each other.
4) This next step is where you can be a little bit more creative. In the slots you just cut you can place a small slice of cheese or butter. You can go all cheese, all butter or alternate. Its completely up to you.
5) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
6) Place the potato on a cookie sheet or pan and bake it for 40mins. *You can wrap the potato in tin foil if you would like. This will help the potato keep all the cheese and butter together.
7) When you remove it from the oven the slots in the potato should have opened up a little bit more. You can add some shredded cheese on top and broil it for 1-3 minutes or until melted.
8) Place your favorite baked potato toppings on it like bacon bits, sour cream and chill. Enjoy!