Zicasso proudly unveiled The Spirits of Japan tour, a new 12 day private journey that celebrates the Japanese spirit in its pursuit of perfection, in some of the most unrivaled culinary and distilling mastery. Each day of this journey offers a taste of perfection to the traveler.
- A tour of Suntory Yamazaki Distillery, its Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 winning the lauded title “World’s Best Single Malt Whiskey” in Jim Murray’s 2015 Whisky Bible.
- Dinner at the world’s most coveted three Michelin star sushi restaurant, Sukiyabashi Jiro.
- A tour through sake breweries that date as far back as the 1600’s in Kyoto and Takayama.
- Visit the renowned Miyagikyo Distillery, famous for the award winning Nikka malt whiskies, and recently voted whiskey Distiller of the Year for 2015 by the International Spirits Challenge.
- Tour two of Osaka’s leading beer breweries: the Asahi brewery, birthplace of the #1 selling beer in Japan and Minoh Brewery, known for producing some of the world’s best stouts, porters, and IPAs .
- Dinner at Giro Giro, a modern kaiseki restaurant, famous for plating seasonal ingredients infused with Japanese and European techniques.
- Dinner at a multi-award winning ramen at Fu-Unji in Tokyo.
- Private guided tours of Tokyo, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto, and Osaka including, serene gardens, castles, and UNESCO World Heritage sites.
This 12 day journey starts at $6,990* per person, double, for four star accommodations and includes 12 overnights, 14 day Japan Rail pass, bus transportation in Takayama, transportation in Kanazawa, 1 day metro pass in Hakone, private transfer as listed including to and from all airports, all guided services as listed, all activities as listed in the itinerary, dinner at Fu-Unji Restaurant in Tokyo, entrance fees in Takayama, Kanazawa, Maiko tea ceremony, dinner at Giro Giro Restaurant, lunch in Suita and at Fushimi, Yamazaki tour entrance fee, Kansai Thru Pass (3-day and 2-day), dinner at Sukiyabashi Jiro (subject to availability); excluding beverages and extras, luggage transfers as listed, 24/7 hour support.
*Price is for four star accommodation. Price does not include international airfare. Pricing for five star accommodations starts at $8,759 per person double, excluding international airfare. Hotel list for both options available here: http://www.zicasso.com/luxury-vacation-japan-tours/spirits-japan-tour
Trip at a Glance
- Day 1: Tokyo – Konichiwa from the World Whisky Distiller of the Year
- Day 2: Tokyo – The Eclectic Treasures of Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo – Whisky beneath Mount Fuji and Authentic Kobe Beef
- Day 4: Takayama – Exploring Japan’s Sake Heritage in Takayama
- Day 5: Takayama to Kanazawa – Japanese Culinary Delicacies and Gardens of Splendor
- Day 6: Kanazawa – Ancient Sake and the Charms of Kanazawa
- Day 7: Kyoto – Understanding the Craft of Kyoto’s Spirits
- Day 8: Kyoto – The Temples and Architecture of Ancient Kyoto
- Day 9: Kyoto – The World’s Best Whisky
- Day 10: Osaka – Exploring Japan’s Best Beers
- Day 11: Osaka – Iconic Beer and an Iconic Castle
- Day 12: Tokyo – At the World’s Most Coveted Sushi Restaurant – Sukiyabashi Jiro
- Day 13: Tokyo – Departure
For detailed itinerary please see here; http://www.zicasso.com/luxury-vacation-japan-tours/spirits-japan-tour