More cooking with kids fun in the kitchen with our White with Green Drizzle Candy Coated Pretzel Rods. These are super easy to make and require only 3 ingredients. Perfect for special treats and sweet treat gifts. So what are you waiting for? Say no to pre-made package and have some candy fun with the kids!~
St. Patrick’s Day Candy Coated Pretzel Rods
- 1 Bag pretzel rods
- 1 Bag white Wilton candy melts
- 1 Bag green Wilton candy melts
- Wax paper
- Plates for drying pretzels on
- 2 Deep bowls
- Place the bag of white candy melts into the bowl and microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave the candy melts for 30 seconds at a time and then stir until they are completely melted. Repeat this step with the green candy melts.
- Line a plate with wax paper for the pretzels to dry on.
- Hold a pretzel rod over the bowl of white candy melts angled down. Start spooning white candy over the end of the pretzel rod, you can choose how much of the pretzel you want to cover in the candy.
- Shake off the excess candy over the bowl, and place the pretzel rod on the wax paper lined plate to dry.
- Once the pretzel rods are completely dry, hold them over the bowl of green candy melts and drizzle on some white candy in thin lines. This is easiest if you take a spoonful of green candy, hold it up above the bowl and let it start drizzling down, once you have a small steady stream, move the spoon back and forth quickly over the green candy covered pretzel rod.
- Place pretzel rods back on a plate to dry. When dried completely, enjoy your pretzel rods, place in a container for storage, or place in clear candy bags for gifting.