It’s not surprising that in the season notorious for allergies, we have the most tips to share! Beginning as early as February, invisible pollens from hardwood deciduous trees are big troublemakers for many allergy sufferers. But there’s no reason to be miserable. These tips can help you minimize your exposure to allergens, and be prepared as possible for the pollen storm that’s on the horizon.
- Start taking Claritin® allergy products as soon as symptoms start.
- Having medication on hand will help you prepare for allergy symptoms.
- Know your nemesis.
- When you understand what triggers your allergy symptoms, you can make an extra effort to avoid them. For example, grass pollen levels rise when grass is disturbed, so if that’s one of your triggers, wear a mask when mowing or avoid mowing altogether.
- Beat the clock.
- Peak pollen production can occur in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
- Check the forecast.
- Avoid going outdoors when pollen counts are high. Also, heavy rains wash pollen from the air, making post-shower outings more comfortable. Beware of dry, windy days when pollen can be particularly intense. (Get the pollen counts and weather forecast for your area and sign up for the Claritin® Allergy Forecast.)