If you’re looking for the perfect weekend snack check out these cheesy bacon fries. Having most of the stuff on hand for these yummy cheesy bacon fries makes them the perfect cheesy snack that are done in less than 45 minutes. I like to make these when my husband is working and I don’t have to share.
Cheesy Bacon Fries
- 1 package of frozen steak fries, any brand
1 jar of Cheez Whiz
8 slices of bacon, chopped
Seasoning salt such as Lawry’s (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spread the steak fries out evenly on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with Lawry’s seasoning salt.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, flipping once or twice with a spatula so they crisp up evenly. I like my fries more on the crisp side so the higher the heat, the crisper the fries.
- After removing the fries from the oven scoop the Cheese Whiz into a microwavable safe dish and heat in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds until heated through. My microwave only took about 2 minutes to heat my cheese. Let cool 1-2 minutes before pouring over your fries.
- Take a handful of bacon pieces and sprinkle evenly over the steak fries. Sprinkle on some more Lawry’s (I like salt) and then pour the Cheese Whiz over the top of the fries. Sprinkle with more bacon and then pepper if you’d like.
Voila! Easy and cheesy bacon fries.
*Makes approximately 6 servings IF you care to share with anyone.