We became Olivia fans long before she made her TV debut. The books alone are enough to make you fall in love with this sassy but extremely talented little lady (pig). Olivia Princess for a Day takes my children on a wonderous adventure of becoming a princess, then on a treasure hunt way out west and even our favorite tap dancing along.
As a parent I really like creative Olivia is as a character. She creates the most wonderful imaginary worlds and tries to become all sorts of productive individuals. The question of what you want to be when you grow up is so important and I like that Olivia gets my young children thinking about this even now and shows them options that even I would have not thought to provide otherwise. Olivia is just an all around fantastically colorful character.
Olivia gets the chance of a lifetime in her all-new DVD, Olivia: Princess for a Day. Find out what happens when Olivia trades places with a visiting Princess and gets to live in a real castle, ride in a royal carriage and so much more. Created by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment, Olivia: Princess for a Day will be available on Sept. 6, 2011 for the suggested retail price of $16.99.
Based on acclaimed author/illustrator Ian Falconer’s award-winning titles, Olivia follows a 6¾-year-old dynamo who believes she can do anything and sees every day as an opportunity to try new things. Her vivid imagination takes her on grand adventures, both real and fantasy, and like all children, her antics occasionally result in endearing misadventures. Olivia’s confidence and positive nature inspires kids everywhere to think boldly and follow their dreams.
Although Olivia’s adventures in her imagination are larger than life, the challenges in her day-to-day life are preschool size. Olivia’s unique ways of dealing with these challenges provide moments of fun and drama. She demonstrates how kids can use their imagination to work out what’s happening in their own world. Kids can relate to Olivia because she experiences the same daily trials and triumphs as they do. Every day is a “Big Day” for Olivia; her exuberance is contagious as she takes viewers along for the ride!
Olivia: Princess for a Day Episode Synopses:
Olivia: Princess for a Day (Double Length Episode)
- Olivia trades places with a princess for a day when she meets a visiting Princess and they realize that they look almost exactly alike.
Olivia’s Tip Top Tapper
- Olivia hurts her leg on the eve of her big tap dance recital.
Olivia’s Old West Treasure Hunt
- While on a field trip to an Old West town, Olivia leads a treasure hunt to find the missing key to the school bus.
Olivia Becomes a Chef
- Olivia has to keep mom out of the kitchen while she prepares her a surprise birthday meal – a dinner with all red food!
Olivia Plays Hotel
- There seems to be a strange guest at Olivia’s make-believe hotel – could it really be a ghost, or is it her brother Ian just playing tricks on Olivia and her friends?
Olivia’s Fashion Show
- Olivia is determined to put on her own fabulous fashion show, but her models (her brother Ian and her friends Francine and Julian) are difficult.
Olivia Goes International
- Olivia has trouble deciding on a country to represent for her class’s International Day so she invents her own.
Olivia Paints a Mural
- A trip to the museum inspires Olivia’s artistic talents, if only she can find a big enough space.
Olivia Princess for a Day press release
BUY IT: Purchase the Olivia: Princess for a Day DVD from Amazon.com and other stores where movies are sold.
Disclosure: I received a sample(s) for the purpose of review. My opinions are my own. Please view our disclosure policy if you have any questions. Mom to Bed by 8 is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes.