Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
This is one of my absolute favorite recipes for the holiday season. It has the seasonal taste of peppermint but with the twist of being ice cream. I received this recipe from a dear friend’s mother after she made it several years and it became a much requested item. Enjoy!
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7oz.)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ gallon peppermint stick ice cream, softened
- 2 cups cool whip
- Peppermint candy canes or crushed peppermint candies
- Grate 2 tbsp. of chocolate from candy bar and set aside.
- Place cereal in a large bowl.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and remaining chocolate.
- Pour over cereal and stir to coat.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 10 inch spring form pan.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spoon softened ice cream over crust.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread cool whip on top; sprinkle with the shaved chocolate and crushed peppermint.
- Cover with wax paper and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Enjoy this new holiday favorite this season!
Gillian Eberhart is a wife and mom to 3 beautiful children. She enjoys cooking, scrapbooking and watching her children grow and learn. During her free time Gillian enjoys freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Your little ones will be the talk of the party this year in their special holiday baby clothes, tutus and even baby hats.