Have you ever wanted to just take your partner by the hand, start your car and get away from all the noise and the chaos just like those celebrities on Snapchat do? If you have, here are eight tips for organizing a perfect romantic getaway without much hassle.
1. Plan Ahead – We know that you’ll get the best effect if you act on impulse and just go on a weekend getaway with your partner out of the blue, but there’s a lot of wisdom if you start making plans for this occasion earlier.
Being organized is key when it comes to romantic getaways, which is why planning ahead is important. Don’t overdo it, though, because worrying too much and having every minute planned out can be a real mood killer sometimes.
2. Leave the Tech Behind – The point of every romantic getaway is to completely unplug and be alone with your significant other. So, if you really want to pay attention to your partner during your trip, it would probably be best if you leave all your gadgets at home before you leave.
3. Make Each Day Special – Whether your romantic getaway is supposed to be a quick weekend trip or is going to last for a month, you should, by all means, make each day a special one for your partner and you.
Romantic getaways should only serve the purpose of creating memorable moments for a couple, which means that every day you spend on your trip should be worth at least one memory.
4. Intimacy is Key – Once again we’re talking about giving your undivided attention to your significant other, but aside from phones, laptops and tablets, you should also consider renting a house.
Having a whole house for yourselves can really do wonders for you and your partner in terms of intimacy. Each room is a new adventure and a new opportunity to make great memories.
5. Camping – Another great way to achieve intimacy with your partner during a romantic getaway is to go camping. The remoteness and the distance from civilization that camping provides you with is a very rare benefit, so make sure you use it to your advantage.
6. Go Local – When someone says “romantic getaway,” the first thing that comes to mind for most people is travelling to a far-away town, city or even country. But what if we told you that you can be a tourist in your own town?
Instead of searching far and wide for a perfect getaway spot, you can try a local B&B that nurtures that quaint, authentic feel. This way, you can have a romantic getaway, you don’t have to spend a fortune on it, and you may learn a thing or two about your own town.
7. Take Care of the Food – You may not think that it matters that much, but food actually plays a huge role in organizing a romantic getaway. Make sure that there are excellent dishes and a large variety of choices at your chosen destination, because if the food sucks, your trip will suck, too.
8. Off-Season – Finally, let’s not forget that peak periods are a huge “no” when it comes to romantic getaways. Plan your trip so that you’ll arrive at your destination during a non-peak period, for maximum intimacy and that “getaway” effect.