ORANGE-FLAVORED BITTER CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH GAEA FRESH EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
An indulgence that is hard to resist. Rich chocolate orange-flavored mousse made with GAEA FRESH Extra Virgin Olive Oil: THE freshest premium extra virgin olive oil available! Made from hand-picked olives, pressed and bottled within hours of being picked.
TIME NEEDED: 3 hrs 20 mins
- 1 1/4 cups bitter couverture (70% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup GAEA FRESH Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 large organic eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Zest of 1 orange in shavings
- Cut the couverture into small pieces
- Separate the eggs’ yolk from the whites into two bowls.
- Melt couverture and add the olive oil and liqueur
- Mix the yolks with half of the sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Mix the chocolate into the yolk mixture.
- Whip the egg whites with the rest of the sugar and the salt into firm peaks to make the meringue.
- Blend together the meringue and the chocolate mixture and stir in ¾ of the orange shavings. Whisk gently until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Put the mousse into bowls or glasses.
- Place them in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Serve adding orange shavings on top of each portion.