Marinated bocconcini – or small balls of fresh mozzarella cheese – make a wonderful appetizer and are wonderful as part of an anti-pasta tray.
- ½ pint of bocconcini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 fresh basil leaves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated over a microplane
- In a medium bowl, combine the seasonings and the bocconcini.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.