Craft kits are always a hit around our Christmas tree. In fact, they are highly requested all year round by all four of our youngest, ages seven to thirteen. There is something truly special in seeing the little sparks of creativity in their eyes and actions as they create something from their own two hands.
Kiss Naturals is known for providing fun, one-of-a-kind DIY craft kits using only high quality natural ingredients. These kits allow children to create everyday products that you can enjoy at an affordable price. They products range from lip balms, bath fizzies and glycerine soaps. They also come complete with everything you need to complete the diy project from start to finish (except water when needed).
Over the course of the day, my daughter and I took sometime all to ourselves to explore a few of the Kiss Naturals collection. Each project offered it’s own set of unique tools to create something wonderful that she could be proud of.
The first was the Kiss Naturals Mini Glycerine Soap. This all natural DIY craft kit allows you to make 4 great smelling soaps with naturally derived fragrances in a host of great shapes. These are fun to make and use in the tub or sink!
Kiss Naturals Mini Glycerine Soap ingredients are all natural and does NOT contain any harmful chemicals, Project creation is easy and safe for kids 4 and up. Kit includes a mould with four shapes, fragrance, mica colorant, measuring/heating cup, mixing spoon and instructions.
1. Separate one cube of soap. The kit comes with a block of two which you can just break in half.
2. Place the soap block into the measuring cup and place in the microwave for 10 seconds. Watch carefully to prevent the cup from overheating and the soap boiling over. If the soap is not melted after 10 seconds, add an additional 5 seconds and check again.
3. Carefully add a little of the color powder at a time and mix until you have reached the desired shade. This step is important as my daughter tried to sprinkle it directly from the color container to the measuring cup and a big amount feel in. It created a nice dark redish color and was just fine but when creating the second set, we used less for a lighter soap color.
4. Add a few drops of fragrance and stir again.
5. Pour into two moulds (repeat steps one through 5 if creating 4 soaps at once) and then let rest for 15 minutes till hardened.
Overall, the soaps game out beautiful. Much more so than we expected. Miss A enjoyed the project so much, she has already requested that we get her the full size kit which makes 16 soaps for Christmas. I have to say that is a big win!
Kiss Natural products are available online at www.kissnaturals.com.