One of the new trends in wellness and nutritional health is drinking tea. Dr. Oz recommends green tea as a start for a 28 day health regime in an article running in O Magazine this month and talks about Teas To Fight Disease on his show, http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/teas-fight-disease-0.
Green tea is a GREAT DETOXER primarily due to the Catechins found in green tea.
Health benefits found related to tea in a nutshell:
- Catechins are beneficial in neutralizing free radicals, which are known to cause a variety of diseases as well as aging and wrinkles. Free radicals increase by overexposure to ultraviolet rays, aging, smoking and heavy drinking. Green tea helps neutralize the “activated oxygen” and removes the damaging free radicals.
- Anti-viral & Anti-bacterial properties: studies show that catechins may help boost the immune system to ward off viral infections and help with common cold symptoms. Gargling with green tea helps with sore throats and helps with overall good oral hygiene.
- Helps with good cardio health and reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by inhibiting the gathering of blood platelets
- Has been shown to maintain cholesterol levels
- Has been shown to reduce stress due to the amino acid- L Theanine, which has a calming effect.
Genmai Green Tea (tin of 3 oz)
A delicious and healthy ‘marriage’ of two classic Japanese flavors – roasted rice adds a mellow nuance to the bright notes of whole leaf tea, and freshly ground green tea (Matcha).
What the Momma Thinks……
I am a big fan of green tea, both hot and cold. Not only have I grown to like the taste but also believe in its benefits. Genmai Green Tea was a refreshing change from what I typically purchase from our local grocer. It has a mild flavor that requires very little sweetener and no milk when hot and nothing but ice when drinking cold.
From the moment you pop open the tin can, you can smell the fresh aroma. It almost instantly lightens the mood. The 3oz container has lasted me a month and I still have around ½ left. It requires very little to create the perfect cup of green tea.
ITO EN is a purveyor of green tea from loose whole leaf teas, to prepacked tins and tea bags. We also have an award winning line of authentically brewed and bottled RTD (Ready to Drink) green teas from unsweetened to classic sweetened flavors. You can read more here www.itoen.com www.teastea.com
ITO EN is committed to socio-economic and planetary betterment from recycling of our waste, to reuse of the elements of our production (such as making vending machines and park benches our of recycled tea, http://www.itoen.com/corporate-social-responsibility-environment-recycled-tea-leaves. They support the Whole Planet Foundation (Whole Foods Market’s non-profit initiative).
BUY IT: Purchase Genmai Green Tea 3oz tin for $12.00 from www.itoen.com and www.teastea.com.
ITO EN is sending one Mom to Bed by 8 reader a Genmai Green Tea 3oz Tin!
Disclosure: I receive sample(s) from for purpose of testing and review. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Please view our disclosure policy if you have any questions.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.