Ice cream is one of those delicious goodies, that I love to hate. I know it makes me unamerican! I have never been the biggest fan of anything other than peanut butter or classic vanilla. Even then you will never see me farce up a good pie with a spoon of cold cream. Never the less, I have 7 lovely children who all adore ice cream and who am I to deny them?
Here is a super simple vanilla ice cream recipe that always works for me. Make sure you give it a try, for your next dessert moment.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and the half and half. Gradually whisk in the sugar until blended.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
- Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Eat at once or transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 8 hours.