Most of our travel adventures are family based, meaning that all 6 of us are going along for the fun. It doesn’t matter if it a road trip or by plane, we always have the same problem – Fitting Everything In The Suitcases! As you can imagine from our different personalities and ages, we all have our own ideas on what is a must take along. From shoes to stuffies, everything must have a place. So knowing how to properly pack a suitcase became very important knowledge to have and I am happy to share those tips with you!
How to Properly Pack a Suitcase for Travel
1. Choose your luggage wisely. You will be amazed how much you can fit into each piece, ridding you of the hassle of multiple pieces of luggage to carry or to worry about in the airport. Atlantic Luggage has innovative features such as the Link2Go™ system, which allows you to connect multiple pieces of luggage for easy one handed rolling. Or, their 360-degree 4-Wheel Spinners allows for easy guiding and steering through busy terminals. Atlantic Luggage has thought of it all, taking the struggle out of traveling for the whole family.
2. Go over the itinerary with the adults and teens traveling. This allows each person to know what to expect and allows time plan out what each person needs to bring along in advance and leave the unnecessary items at home.
3. Check the weather often. When preparing for travel to somewhere I am not familiar with, I often check not only the expected weather but also that of the past year or two. Mother nature is famous for changing her mind at a moments notice, so I like to be prepared when possible.
4. Make a checklist for each person and as a family. Forgetting something at home can not only be disappointing but also an expensive mistake. Even the smallest of things like a cellphone charger can spell issues when on the go.
5. Pack the odd sized items first. Place things like your shoes in the bottom and pack around them to help keep everything level, allowing you to fit more in the suitcase without the bulge.
6. Leave the extras at home when staying in a hotel or resort. More often than not, the place you stay overnight will offer amenities like a blow dryer and soaps at no additional cost. Take advantage of this feature to say space and weight in your travel gear.
7. Master the roll and fold. No matter which style you prefer, make sure you practice several times in advance. Knowing how to roll and fold down is important when packing much in a small area.
8. Wear the bulk! Taking a jacket or boots along with you as you travel by plane? Why not wear them? You can easily shed the jacket and store it in an overhead bin. Doing this will save you weight when checking bags and also headache when not.
Thank you to Atlantic Luggage for inspiring this helpful travel feature. They has been pioneering great luggage since 1919, making family traveling easier with their lightweight, versatile and affordable luggage collections. With a range of varieties in color, style and features, Atlantic Luggage makes packing for family trips easier no matter where the destination.
Currently, Atlantic Luggage is running an amazing sweepstakes where you have the opportunity to win a family trip for four to Orlando! The trip includes round-trip airfare for four, 3 nights of hotel stay, four two-day admission passes to 34 of Orlando’s best attractions, $150 spending money and 4 carry-on pieces of Atlantic luggage. I would love to see one of my readers win!
How To Enter: Go to Trip to Orlando Florida Sweepstakes and fill out the sweepstakes form.
Dates: Sweepstakes runs May 15, 2015 – June 15, 2015
Winner will be chosen within 7-10 days following the close of the sweepstakes.
Grand Prize trip must be booked by March 31, 2016 and travel must be completed by June 30, 2016.
Prizes: Win a family trip for four to Orlando, courtesy of Atlantic Luggage!