There are many things you can do to make your porch or patio look amazing this summer. People who live in houses who don’t have the space to plant a lot of flowers can find this difficult. It can be challenging when you don’t have the room or garden space to plant the flowers you want. Don’t worry because there are answers to help you have lots of beautiful flowers in a small space.
Project: Flower Tower
What you will need:
- Flower pot of your choice (For this I will use a 13 inch pot)
- 4-foot galvanized wire fencing with 2-inch x 4-inch openings
- Landscaping Fabric or Movers Stretch Plastic
- Zip Ties
- Garden Spade
- Sharpe Knife
- Potting Soil
- First you are going to want to take the wire fencing and shape it so it will make a circular shape. You need to make sure that it is not too wide; it needs to fit in the bottom of your pot. Use zip ties to hold the wire in place.
- Put a little bit of planter soil in the bottom so it can help hold the wire frame in place.
- Then this next part can be a little bit tricky and it just depends on what is easiest for you. You need to wrap the wire frame with the fabric or plastic. It does not matter if you wrap the outside because the flowers should grow enough that it will hide it. You can use the zip ties to hold this in place or tape.
- Make sure that the wire frame is centered to the pot and where you want it to be. Then pour the potting soil into the top of the frame until it is full.
- Then you will want to fill in the pot around the wire frame but not all the way just yet. The reason for this is that some soil will fall from the tower when you are planting the flowers and this is just mainly to help keep things cleaner.
- Get a sharp knife and start cutting the fabric that is surrounding the frame in the “box like slots.” I used a box cutter but I know people have used scissors and pocket knives. Just a personal preference.
- Once you cut out a small space in the square gently insert the root ball of the flower in the soil. Be gentle that you don’t damage the roots but firm enough that the plant won’t fall out.
- Add some flowers to the top of the tower!
- Then fill in the rest of the pot with soil and water the plant. When watering the plant you want to water it enough that you can compact the soil but not so much that you shock the plant.
This is a simple project that will make any small space look beautiful. Make sure that you water it enough and the flowers will grow nice and big to complete your flower tower. Guaranteed that this will make all your neighbors jealous.