Homemade Wrapping Paper
This is a super fun craft you can do on a cold wintry day with your kids that will give your holiday packages that extra special touch that says you care. Also, great to frame after the gift has been unwrapped as a special memento.
Items you will need:
- Roll of brown paper- package paper found at post offices or packing supply stores
- Large sponges
- Acrylic paint in your color of choice
- Christmas cookie cutters
- First use cookie cutters to trace out fun shapes onto sponge.
- Cut out shapes and set aside.
- Roll out large section of paper. You may need to place heavy books or rocks on corners to hold down.
- Using the sponges, dip into paint and stamp on paper creating patterns or stamping sporadically.
- Let paint dry and you have your very own personalized wrapping paper.
In the past I have also saved a square of the paper and cut out my daughter’s initial and placed on top of it and framed in an 8×10 frame as a Christmas decoration that can be put out every year.
Gillian Eberhart is an amazing wife and mom of 3 young children. She enjoys creating holiday traditions and memories with her family. Gillian also enjoys writing for mybabyclothes.com. Make sure your little ones are dressed for any special occasion this season with super cute baby clothes, adorable tutus with matching baby headbands and even a baby hat for those cold winter nights.