Is winter dark and depressing for you instead of being romantic and magical? The days are shorter and the weather is just so cold. To add the cherry on the top of the cake, there are those ugly cloudy days. You feel that the entire universe is conspiring against you. But hey, don’t you worry. We are here for you. You can’t go against the laws of nature but you can definitely use the interiors of your house to brighten and lighten your mood and make you chirpy like a bird. So, here we go with some easy decor ideas which can help you to overcome the winter blues.
1. Make it cozy – Suppose you are having an awful day and when you come back home in the evening, you find your little comfort space looking all cozy and inviting. You are now binge-watching your favorite show with a cup of coffee and snuggling into a soft blanket. This thought is tempting, right? To turn this into reality, create a little space in your house and make it comfortable with lots of soft pillows, throws, and cushions. They are super affordable and comfortable at the same time.
2. Let go of the clutter – After the holiday season ends, it’s quite easier to get a clean-up session done for the home. It feels like you have a plain white canvas at your reach. So, make up your mind as it is the perfect time to do away with all the junk that you have been willing to throw from a long, long time. It is of no use to keep collecting the things that you do not use anymore. You have to let go of all the useless stuff even if your heart does not want to.
3. Plants, plants, plants – There is no such thing called “enough greenery” in a house. They can make your home decor game on point without burning a hole in your pocket. But if you feel that plants are difficult to take care of, we have artificial plants in pots at your rescue. If a particular corner of your house looks empty and boring, decorate it with some artificial silk trees. You can even buy fake tropical plants online. If you want some more green, then spread a fake moss carpet on the ground and it will feel as if you are staying in a garden.
4. Make your world bold – Winter is the best season to play with the bold colors. Color blocking, mismatch patterns, ombré effects, you just name it and you have it. It is really surprising how a bright warm color can inject positive vibes inside anyone. Blend in some sunny and uplifting colors like yellow, orange, or a bright red. You can never go wrong with such colors in this cold weather.
5. Spread some fun – If you are someone with a tight schedule and do not have time for painting and decorating the house, you can invest in quirky and weird furniture or a statement piece which you have always liked but never thought of buying even in your wildest dreams. Such whimsical items can make any place look livelier and full of charm. A goofy looking chair would be a perfect choice. It will bring a smile on your face whenever you sit on it and enjoy your hot cocoa.
6. Art attack on a wall – There is always an empty and depressing wall in every house and whoever looks at it, gets his/her mood ruined. Such walls are no more a burden. You can put up pictures from your old trips, self-written poems and, quotes, some important notes, etc. and make it exciting. In case of lack of creativity, you can buy a few art pieces from your local market and still, rock the wall.
7. Make way for light – There have been many kinds of research carried out to find out the main reason behind the winter blues and the problem of proper lighting bags the first position beating them all. It is quite normal to feel lazy and low during the winter days due to the secretion of a sleep-related hormone named Melatonin. Add sufficient lamps and bulbs in the house to avoid feeling sluggish. Also, try to soak in some Vitamin D by letting the sunlight reach nooks and corners of your room.
8. Color it your way – It often happens that you don’t get to choose the colors of the walls. Your boyfriend, husband, or maybe your parents get it done their way. In such cases, ask them if you could paint a particular wall according to your choice. If they say yes, then it’s well and good. Paint that wall pink, blue or literally any color that symbolizes happiness for you. You cannot imagine the kind of positive energy it will radiate in your body.
9. Fragrance at rescue – Fragrances can have a huge impact on a person’s mood. Whenever you smell a pizza or some bacon, doesn’t it make you all happy-happy? So, to create a cheery mood, you can light up a scented candle. It will calm you down and give you relaxing sensations. You can also buy flowers like rose and place them a vase in your room.
10. Mirror, mirror on the wall – Using mirrors and other reflective pieces is another great way to lift up the mood. They help in enhancing the effects of good lighting. In general, they just bring a lot of colors and glimmer in the room. Anything which is shiny and can reflect light works as a mood lifter.
To overcome the winter blues, you do not need a lot of money to give your house a makeover. You just need to be a little creative and do some changes here and there. Use small but effective pieces and create a beautiful ambiance. Your house will look prettier than ever and that too in a budget. Because less is always more, isn’t it? Also, there won’t be a thing called ‘winter blues’ in your life anymore.