Hi, and thank you for having me! I wanted to share a list of my favorite books. I may be a writer, but it was my love for reading that started it all. Some of you may have heard that my obsession with books started after reading the Twilight saga. Since then I’ve moved on from sparkly vampires, but I’ll always be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for opening me up to the world of the paranormal.
Some people ask me why I write paranormal romance. It’s simple—it’s what I love to read. I find escapism in books about monsters and forbidden loves. Below are some of my all-time favorite series that will forever have a home on my bookshelf.
- The Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost (Bones is reason enough to love these books) But I also love Cat’s tough attitude and the humor throughout.
- Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris. Though I’m a bit disappointed with the last few books in the series, the first 8 or so are fabulous! I love all the different supernaturals, the humor and the steaminess.
- Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur. I love these books because Riley doesn’t apologize for the way she is. She’s tough, mouthy and enjoys the company of a man.
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. I love these books simply because they are told from a man’s POV. We don’t see that very often and each book we hear from a different character.
- Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs. I love these books simply because Mercy seems so easy going. She’s tough and a mechanic—how cool is that? I love that she’s not a wolf but dating the alpha.
So these are my top five series. I’d love to hear what your guys are!
The vampire drug, brew, nearly ruined Gwen Sparks’ life. Just when things started to get back to normal between her and Aiden, she is summoned by the North American Witches Council to their central city of Moon.
A war is imminent between vampires and witches, and Gwen’s experiences with brew are being used to fuel the fire. She is about to discover just how powerful she is with the help of the ruggedly handsome Angel of Death and just how far some people will go to get what they want.
Gwen is going to learn exactly what it means to be Deceived.