Consider me the queen of fix it and forget it meals. As a mom of 7 whom always have something going on, it is hard to make sure we have a healthy and proportional meal on the table by 530 every night. More often than I would like to admit, we have resorted to eating out or having a half home, half pre-packed meal. Boo, I know. Bad mommy! So this year, I made a vow that I would cook more at homemade meals. That means from scratch – no box here babe!
I hope you will enjoy this easy Crockpot Asian Beef and Broccoli. It is big enough to serve a family and packages well with rice for leftovers. Now let’s get to cookin’!
Crockpot Asian Beef and Broccoli
- 3 pounds beef (sliced)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 3 pounds frozen broccoli
- Combine beef stock, soy sauce and brown sugar until well dissolved.
- Add sesame seeds and garlic to the mixture. Give it a quick stir.
- Add beef to crockpot and cover with the mixture.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove 5 tablespoons of sauce from the crockpot – put in a small bowl.
- Add flour and cornstarch to the sauce and wisk well.
- Add mixture back to the crockpot and stir.
- Add broccoli and cover.
- Allow to cook for another hour.
- Serve over rice.