Nothing beats the flavor and crunch of homemade coleslaw especially during those famed summer gatherings! This side dish is an All American classic and super simple to toss together even on short notice. Paulding & Company, a leader in the cooking class field, created this delicious Coleslaw recipe for us to try this Memorial Day.
Yield: about 3 cups, for 6 servings.
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage, about ½ of a large cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
Let’s get to cooking:
- Combine vinegar, sugar, Dijon, salt & pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Add cabbage and carrots, allow to marinate together 1 hour or longer in the refrigerator.
May be kept for a week without loss of quality.
To learn more, including a schedule of upcoming classes visit www.pauldingandco.com.