Chocolate Strawberry Salsa Brownie
Let’s Make the Brownie
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Cups granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp. Coffee extract (optional) It does not have an overwhelming flavor in this fudge brownie.
- 2 Eggs (whipped)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Add Vanilla, coffee extract, mix well.
- Slowly Pour in the eggs while mixing.
- In a separate bowl mix the cocoa, salt and flour until mingled well.
- Add slowly to the wet ingredients and blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes on low.
- Bake in an 8×8 pan for 20-22 minutes. (Time varies depending on oven, I use the convection setting to regulate baking temperatures).
Brownies will be soft and fudge “like” after cooling.
Stawberry Salsa Topping
- 1 Cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/8 Cup of white chocolate chips (roughly chopped, do not melt).
- 3 T. Milk
- Mix the White Chocolate Chips and milk in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between increments until white chocolate is smooth; having a consistency to honey.
- Dice 1 cup of fresh strawberries.
- Add 3/4 cup of the strawberries to the white chocolate and fold together.
- Drizzle this sauce over brownie.
- Mix 1/8 cup chopped chocolate chips with 1/4 cup remaining diced strawberries and sprinkle over the top.
- Add one large strawberry cut in half to each brownie to complete.