After waiting nine months for the arrival of your baby illuminates the home. But when it comes to caring for a newborn, it’s important to know certain safety rules.
Do you want to know how to care for a newborn baby? We share here some tips that will help you take care of your baby with confidence.
1. Never hesitate to seek help
Even when you are in the hospital or in your own home, asking people for help is wonderful. At first, you may not know many important aspects of your baby. Counseling from experienced people only gives you confidence to care for your baby.
2. Tips on breastfeeding and breastfeeding can be helpful.
You can also hire a full-time help for the first few months to learn how to handle your baby.
Your little one is highly vulnerable to infections. Use disinfectants before touching your baby, keep the room clean, sterilize their toys, etc.
4. Remember that your baby is fragile
You should never forget that your baby is too delicate and must be handled with the utmost care. When you hold your baby, always support the head and neck.
If you are taking your baby out in a stroller or carrier, make sure the baby is fully secured, there are many very useful baby accessories for transportation and care, you can see all the items here
5. Learn ways to calm your baby
It is normal for your baby to cry and worry, so prepare for it. Instead of worrying about why you’re crying, learn to understand why. It is your baby’s only form of communication, so learn ways to calm her.
6. Initial bonding is very important
You should try to make a deep and emotional connection with your baby in the first few days. You can cradle your baby and gently caress it gently. Your touch is very important to your baby. You can also try certain doctor-prescribed massage techniques on your baby to increase bonding. Always be there for all your baby’s needs.
7. Decide on diapers
Some parents prefer cotton cloth diapers, while others prefer disposable diapers.
8. Both have their pros and cons.
Remember that your baby will dirty diapers more than 10 times a day. Maintain adequate stock. Some babies can develop rashes, so keep the area clean with soap-free wipes and use an ointment suggested by doctors.
9. Food and burp go hand in hand
It is important to understand when your baby is hungry, so learn the signs. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, making sucking noises are all signs your baby is hungry. It is recommended that you feed the baby only when he is hungry. It is also necessary to burp your baby after each feeding to avoid gas.
10. Healing the navel is important
It will take at least 1-4 weeks for your baby’s umbilical cord and navel to fully heal.
Before the umbilical cord breaks, be sure to give your baby just a sponge bath. The cord and navel may change color from yellow to black, but it is normal. If you find any red scars or bad smells, see your doctor.
11. Sleeping is very important
You may want to interact with your baby all the time, but this should not be at the cost of sleep. Sleeping is the most important activity for your newborn. This facilitates growth. At least 12-16 hours of sleep is a must. Sing lullabies or hug your baby to sleep as often as you can.
Lastly, remember that raising a newborn is not easy. It is all part of growth. Remain joyous and enjoy all the moments of your newly achieved parenthood.
Recommendations for Skin Cleaning:
– The daily bath should be done with a mild soap that does not have alcohol or perfume or you can also buy best body wash for kids.
– Do not use scouring pads or towels to clean.
– At the end of the bath, apply a mild moisturizer on the skin surface.
– In the flaking area, hydrate several times a day.
– Wash baby’s clothes with a soap for delicate clothes, in order to avoid irritations. Rinse it very well so that no detergent remains.
– Use cotton with warm water to clean.
– Do not apply home remedies. The most advisable thing is to visit the dermatologist.
– Do not apply perfumes on your skin.