Cabbage and sausage are a pair made in foodie heaven when cooked correctly. Today we are sharing one of the easiest recipes passed along to me from my mom. Enjoy!
Cabbage and Summer Sausage
- 1 Summer Sausage (Hillshire Farms)
- 1 Medium Size Head of Cabbage
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cut Summer Sausage into slices.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add sausage.
- Cook till heated thoroughly and lightly crispy on the edges.
- Chop cabbage and remove center heart.
- Add cabbage, sugar and water to sausage.
- Cover and cook (stirring occassionally) for 20 minutes or until cabbage is thoroughly cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Note – do not overcook as this will cause the cabbage to be soggy.