We have been drilled throughout our lives that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. While in my younger years I doubted the truth in this. Times have changed and I have been made a believer on more than one occasion. It is safe to say, I tell my kids now too.
When I start the day off with a healthy meal, I have more energy and just feel better overall. Keeping this routine, I have noticed that it changes my need to overeat at lunch and dinner. For someone trying to watch their weight and improve my overall health score, morning fuel is the way to go.
A family favorite is Double Chocolate Breakfast Bread Pudding, easy to make and comes with the benefit of tasty leftovers which is a rare when talking morning meals. Serve to me warm with a cup of joe and you have made a morning friend for life and a less grouchy one too.
Double Chocolate Breakfast Bread Pudding
Servings 4- 6
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Premier Protein® Chocolate Shake
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups soft bread cubes (about 6 slices bread)
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
Let’s Get To Baking
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and Premier Protein® Chocolate Shake.
- Whisk in cinnamon.
- Grease 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with butter.
- Add bread.
- Pour eggs and Premier Protein mixture over the bread.
- Mix gently to make sure all bread is covered in egg mixture.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm.