They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In my busy household breakfast often ends up being boring cereal during the work week. So when Saturday comes around, it is time to get in the kitchen and creative. Our Blueberry Baked French Toast recipe below is simple to make and offers a nice change. Pair it with some fresh OJ and maple syrup for a morning meal they will demand more of.
Blueberry Baked French Toast
- 8 cup cubed bread
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 eggs whipped
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 cups half and half
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, coat mini loaf pan or 9X13 casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whip together the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, eggs, and half and half until well blended
- Fold in the cubed bread and blueberries.
- Let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes while the bread soaks up most the liquid.
- Once set, spoon the mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 ~ the mini loaf pan only needs 30-35 mins to bake, casserole dish will take 45-50 minutes.
Tips: Prepare the bread/ egg mixture the night before for a quick and easy breakfast idea. Just pop it into the oven after it has soaked overnight. Adjust cooking time 5-7 minutes since it will be cold from sitting in the refrigerator overnight.