Looking for an easy but different side dish to go with dinner? Add some bacon and frozen corn to a simple cornbread mix and you have a hearty side to go with any fall meal. The bacon and corn are perfect additions and easy to throw in.
Bacon Cornbread Muffins
- 1 package of cornbread mix
- ½ cup bacon pieces, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup frozen or canned sweet corn
- Preheat the oven to the cornbread package directions.
- Combine the cornbread mix with the necessary ingredients as stated on the package – usually 1 egg and water. Mix well and then stir in the frozen or canned sweet corn.
- Finally, slowly fold in the bacon pieces being careful not to break them up to much.
- Evenly scoop the mix into the muffin tin and bake according to the package directions.
- Cool and serve.