Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we as a family should fall into a poor snacking routine. In fact, selecting healthier choices are not only good for you but will help promote better energy levels without the crash of sugary options. Here are our top 5 brain-boosting snacks that not only give parents peace of mind, but give kids the mind power to ace upcoming classroom curriculum.
Brain-boosting snack list includes:
- Bananas ~ Filled with vitamins, minerals and amino acids, bananas are a great fruit for maintaining brain functionality. Try bare Banana Chips for a potassium-filled baked banana chip with a satisfying crunch!
- Trail Mix ~ Opt for a mix that has sunflower seeds, which contain a mix of B vitamins, protein and omega fatty acids. Try Enjoy Life Foods Seed & Fruit Mix, an allergy-friendly option that’s perfect for snacking on-the-go!
- Nuts ~ Full of vitamin E, nuts help with cognitive decline, according to the Journal of Epidemiology, and by choosing energy-dense macadamia nuts you can help your heart as well. Try Royal Hawaiian Orchards Macadamia Nut Milk so you can snack and sip!
- Popcorn ~ Popcorn is a whole grain, which contains fiber and vitamins that improve blood flow throughout the brain. Try Good Health Popcorn Half Naked for a healthful air popped snack that’s only 24-27 calories per cup!
- Dark Chocolate ~ An excellent source of antioxidants, dark chocolate is known to boost mood and ease pain while improving blood and memory function. Try Alter Eco Dark Blackout bar for an indulgence crafted with 85% cocoa!
What healthy snacks are your summer favorites?