Craft kits are our go to during the holidays for not only gifts but also busy activities while mom is busy cooking the holiday meal. All of my children, ages seven to thirteen, will sit around the dining room table for hours creating projects from scratch and they are so proud of the end result. To be honest, so am I.
Kiss Naturals is known for providing fun, one-of-a-kind DIY craft kits using only high quality natural ingredients. These kits allow children to create everyday products that you can enjoy at an affordable price. They products range from lip balms, bath fizzies and glycerine soaps. They also come complete with everything you need to complete the diy project from start to finish (except water when needed).
Over the course of the day, my daughter and I took sometime all to ourselves to explore a few of the Kiss Naturals collection. Each project offered it’s own set of unique tools to create something wonderful that she could be proud of.
One of our favorite sets is the Kiss Naturals Lava Lip Gloss Making Kit. This all natural DIY craft kit allows you to make six useful, smooth, shiny and great tasting lip glosses with naturally derived fragrances in a host of colors and flavors. These are fun to make and use in your daily makeup routine. Even better these are super groovy as the two oils seem unique and when you shake the gloss looks very similar to the lava lamp!
Kiss Naturals Mini Glycerine Soap ingredients are all natural and does NOT contain any harmful chemicals, Project creation is easy and safe for kids 4 and up. Kit includes castor oil, safflower oil, 2 bottles of natural flavors, 3 bottles of natural colors (Purple, Pink and Yellow; made from plant extracts), 1 measuring cup, 6 roller lip gloss tubes, 6 lip gloss labels and easy to follow, step-by-step instructions.
1. Remove the cap and ball from the roller lip gloss applicator. This will be what you use for mixing and also will be the unit that you use after the craft has been completed.
2. Pour 5 ml of castor oil into a small measuring cup. This is the base ingredient for your lip gloss creation.
3. Add 5 ml of safflower oil to the same measuring cup as above. This should bring the total oil mixture to 10 ml.
4. Pour the oil mixture from the measuring cup into the lava lip gloss applicator.
5. Add 30-40 drop of your choice of colored glycerine directly into the applicator. You will see the drops fall through the oils into the bottom of the unit.
6. Add 5-10 drops of flavor to the lip gloss. Replace ball and cup to the applicator and shake until blended.
Now you are ready to use! The prepared gloss comes out very shiny and mostly clear on the lips. We love the light color sheen and flavor. One swipe is all you need before heading out to conquer the world one lip smack at a time.
Kiss Natural products are available online at www.kissnaturals.com.