Honey Coconut Salmon Recipe + WalMart Gift Card Giveaway
I have had so much fun experimenting with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!. So many recipes, so little time.
This is a recipe that is very simple and easy to make and will make the whole family happy. I have made this many times and is a now a classic in the home. People I know who don’t like fish or seafood still enjoy this delicious dish. It is simple and will make your kitchen smell amazing as well! This is always a great idea when salmon is on sale at your local grocery store. Here is a list of ingredients including the deliciously, creamy I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, you will need to recreate our Honey Coconut Salmon Recipe.
- 1 ½ Cups I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!
- 1 Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 4 Salmon Steaks
- Wash the Salmon under cold water and dry it off with a paper towel. Make sure you get most of the slime off of it when washing it. This will help get rid of some of that nasty “fishy taste” no one likes.
- Start melting the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! in a pot. Make sure you do this slowly so you do not burn or torch it when melting.
- Once the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! is melted add the cup of honey and mix it in thoroughly.
- Then add the brown sugar to the mixture. This sound make the mixture a golden brown. You can add more sugar or honey depending on preference.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove from the heat and let it cool. You want it to cool enough that it still warm but the butter is not starting to solidify.
- Place the Salmon in a pan that is deep enough to hold the butter mixture as well.
- Once the salmon is on the pan slowly pour the mixture on the Salmon. When I do this I like to have the skin of the fish facing the top so all the meat is soaking in the butter.
- Then let it marinate for 30mins to 1hour.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Place the dish on the middle rack and cook it for 25-30 minutes.
- After the dish is finished cooking remove the Salmon from the mixture and dispose of the butter mixture. If you want to use the butter for a sauce (which I prefer) you can you just need to pour it back in the pot and let it come to a boil to eliminate any chances of food poisoning or salmonella. Then you can serve it over your dish.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! delicious soft spreads are available at your local Walmart and can be used to cook and bake delightful homemade meals. With I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Country Crock there is no need to compromise on taste!
Honey Coconut Salmon is great with a side of fresh vegetables and some rice or mashed potatoes. This is also a really good dish for leftovers. Just make sure that you when you put it in a container you put the butter in with it so it is more marinated for the next day. This dish is sure to please anyone in your family.
One lucky winner will receive a $50 Walmart Gift Card!
Giveaway ends June 28th at 11:59pm, open to US residents, ages 18+. To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever.