Homemade Organic Granola Bars Recipe
Granola Bars are a big snack time favorite around the Hatland house. Though if you have ever taken the time to read some of the brands you find on the shelf at your local grocer, you just maybe a little disappointed in the ingredients. What is the magical solution if we as parents don’t like what our kids are putting in their mouths? We rewrite the recipe to create a delicious, healthy for you creation!
Homemade Organic Granola Bars
Ingredients (must include list):
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup water
Mix & match ingredients (you choose!):
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup pecans, crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried dates, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- After selecting from the ‘Mix & match’ ingredients, stir them 2-3 at a time into the now sticky mixture.
- Smush into large 9×12″ pan.
- Place in fridge for one hour.
- Cut into squares
Tip: Bars may be wrapped individually in plastic wrap and frozen.