The event takes place from April 12 at 11 PM EST and ends on April 22 at 11.59 PM EST
There are so many companies out there that help the environment – why not to know more about them? Learn about great businesses, their products, and win some giveaways. Over 60 bloggers have prizes valued at $25+. Make sure to visit every blog for more chances to win. Eco-Foil provided Kindle Fire ($199 value) as a grand price. In order to win it – you need to enter some giveaways (the more you enter – the more entries you earn)! Take a moment – visit Eco-Foil and look for 100% recycled disposable aluminum pans at the local stores.
Enter to WIN the Grand Prize of the Event – KINDLE FIRE – Wi-Fi, Full Color 7″ Multi-Touch Display
Earth Day has been a very busy day for me and my family for many years now. I began planting at least one tree every year on this day since I was in high school and take pride in sharing this tradition with my own children. It is important to preserve the Earth for future generations and teach our children the value of a green, living planet.
My older three children will select their own tree this year for planting. They will also do all of the prep work including placing the tree in ground and seasonal care. Of course we will assist as needed to ensure tree survival but I want them to learn the value of hard work and this way year after year as their tree grows, they can take pride that they helped create this life. We are all very excited and can’t wait to share photos soon.
Dot-to-Dot Children’s Books is celebrating Earth Day by offering a terrific giveaway — a complete set of books from their Endangered Species, Empowered Communities series. A great way to honor Earth Day and a valuable addition to a home library, each book in the series weaves a story about an endangered species and their habitat. In addition, the end of each book provides readers with additional information about the endangered animal as well as their country of origin. These picture books are perfect for animal lovers and to help raise awareness and understanding about the world we live in.
However, these books are more than just, well, books! They are books with heart. Each of the eight books in the series were written by women and school children from Afghanistan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Republic of Congo, and Nicaragua — their stories are a call for increased awareness for an endangered species in their country. Working together with a number of not-for-profit partners that provide support to the women and children in these countries (like the Somaly Mam Foundation, Wildlife Conservation Society and Help the Afghan Children to name just a few) Dot-to-Dot Children’s Books donates all proceeds from book sales to directly fund the organizations working to empower these woman and children and protect endangered species in the featured countries.
Books in the series include:
- Yara’s Amazing Nose – Learn how a nose transforms an identity and a friendship for one of the most unique creatures in the animal kingdom – the lowland tapir!
- Carey’s First Day – Follow Carey the hawksbill sea turtle as he navigates the hazardous journey from his nest to his future home in the open ocean.
- When Honey the Tiger Flew – Written by the courageous participants in the Somaly Mam Foundation’s Voices for Change program, When Honey the Tiger Flew is the story of a young tiger who, through determination and ingenuity, rescues his mother.
- The Snow Leopard Dream – Under blue skies dotted by clouds in a remote region, a young girl overcomes her fears and befriends a snow leopard.
- Ndeze and Ndakasi’s New Home – Two orphan mountain gorillas learn the ways of the world as they find a new home.
- Sam Learns Some Lessons – Using the wisdom of elders, a herd of elephants cope with a water shortage.
- Shuba and the Cyclone – A river dolphin loses her way after a cyclone and a crocodile becomes an accidental hero.
- Kajo and Akari’s New Friend – Seeking adventure, brother chimpanzees chase a butterfly through the forest.
Dot-to-Dot Children’s Books is sending one Mom to Bed by 8 reader a complete set of books from their Endangered Species, Empowered Communities series!